All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thanks 2oss, u dont wanna know... but im might upgrade my processor soon, maybe a 8core processor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:06 am 
Master
Master

My "friendlh" advice is that dont upgrade to octa core, atleast today :)

I cant think on top of my head a single game that uses 8 cores at the same time, maybe ARMA 3? Not sure about ARMA2.

Wait before 8-core CPU's get more common and more people start supporting them (IMO, that will never happen, but who knows) So that their price drops a little
, asuming you insist that octa is required for something super cool/important thing :wink:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RedRuM wrote:
My "friendlh" advice is that dont upgrade to octa core, atleast today :)

I cant think on top of my head a single game that uses 8 cores at the same time, maybe ARMA 3? Not sure about ARMA2.

Wait before 8-core CPU's get more common and more people start supporting them (IMO, that will never happen, but who knows) So that their price drops a little
, asuming you insist that octa is required for something super cool/important thing :wink:

thanks for the advice RedRuM, yes i might reconsider in buying it, maybe ill buy it in 2013...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

Seriously.. why don't you buy some kind of sporting equipment instead of upgrading already ubercool pc? :)

Something like this beast: http://www.cannondale.com/svn/2012/bike ... team-21369

or

http://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/photos/ ... /nicN3.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:14 pm 
Master
Master

sxy wrote:
Seriously.. why don't you buy some kind of sporting equipment instead of upgrading already ubercool pc? :)

Something like this beast: http://www.cannondale.com/svn/2012/bike ... team-21369

or

-_-

He's a gamer, why should he buy somekind of a bike if he can cycle in video games all night long?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

im a btt biker myself, i wonder how that bike is suposed to work?

arent the plates/discs gears too small? is that for bike trial its seems descent/enduro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

It's a downhill bike so it isn't meant to go cross-country or anything. It seems that it's single speed (as far as I can tell) so the larger gears are in the back but 3-speeds aren't required (or used) on downhill bikes. Basically, this isn't a leisure bike, it has a specific purpose and is far too inefficient to use for everyday use.

Those are nice bikes sxy. Wish I had the money for those, instead I recently bought myself a Norco Bigfoot for my FR/DH uses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:32 am 
Master
Master

Or some skiing equipment, nothing beats going down a mountain on snow with nothing between you beside a pair of skiis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

No, it is not a downhill bike. :) It is Nicolai Helius AM all-mountain/enduro type (in red ano color - sexy but horribly, horribly expensive - 400€ upcharge for whole frame) and is "relatively well" ridable. You won't ascend as easily as with cross country bike, but in theory you can ride all day epic rides with it (granny gears and stamina FTW - I know a few lunatics that ride/push such bikes to alpine summits, but as AlphaRed has said - this is definitely not a leisure bike :D).
Also, this bike is equipped with Hammerschmidt AM crank which has two-speed planetary gears (1:1 and 1:1,6 gear ratios) and hydraulically operated telescopic seatpost for quick rising/lowering the saddle.

Hardtails are fun bikes :) Great for polishing technique and very playful. I myself own 2005 C'dalle furio hardtail but am getting new bike next year (Either C'dalle Jekyll or Nicolai Helius AC). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:53 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Mine its a modest Merida matts sport from 08, rear rigid and front rst suspensions(not great i know) , at least has hidraulic deore disk brakes and xt components... I've ride more than 5000 km (unpaved roads)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sxy wrote:

damn thats a nice bike, how much does it cost and do i have to buy seperate parts too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 pm 
Expert
Expert

This is top price model and costs 8000€, but entry model is far cheaper (3300€) and pretty well equipped (albeit heavier - 10,5kg compared to 6,8kg). But any front suspension bike (hardtail) for 600-800€ is enough for a novice rider :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:56 pm 
Expert
Expert

sxy wrote:
This is top price model and costs 8000€, but entry model is far cheaper (3300€) and pretty well equipped (albeit heavier - 10,5kg compared to 6,8kg). But any front suspension bike (hardtail) for 600-800€ is enough for a novice rider :P

ps: One reason why MTB could be great sport for you - you can always "PIMP your ride" with expensive übercool components :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there is only one frame that supports the front wheel... i wonder if thats strong and stable enough to hold the front wheel, but it looks awesome and futuristic,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

The front fork design comes from aeroplanes and is stiffer and lighter than conventional double stanchion fork design.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next