All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: NeoTokyo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:07 am 
Master
Master

http://neotokyohq.com/
NeoTokyo is a HL2 mod that I have been playtesting it is really amazing looking and one of the better mods/games on the source engine

from the NT site
about neotokyo

NEOTOKYO is a first person shooter that provides a visceral & realistic combat experience in a rich futuristic setting. It is greatly influenced by our admiration for Masamune Shirow (GHOST IN THE SHELL) and Katsuhiro Otomo (AKIRA), and has been in production since October 2004. To play NEOTOKYO you will need to have a STEAM account, and own the game HALFLIFE 2 or any game that gives you the Source SDK ...

story

NEOTOKYO takes place about 30-40 years from now in a Japan that has drifted into social/political strife due to the inevitable stresses that come from changing times. The Japanese government is grappling with intensified external (Asia geopolitics) and internal (economic/social) problems, and there is mounting pressure from within Japan to return to the days when it exerted influence through military power and strength. A failed legislative push to alter the Japanese Constitution (allowing the Japanese military to engage in offensive actions outside of the country) leads to an attempted military coup by members of Japan's armed forces (GSDF). The coup fails, but was very close to succeeding. In an effort to suppress further coup attempts, Japan's Prime Minister forms a branch inside the Interior Ministry's National Security Forces (NSF) called GROUP SIX. They answer directly to the Prime Minister and are sworn to protect the Japanese Constitution at all costs. They immediately begin to hear rumours of a rogue element of the GSDF Special Forces (JINRAI) maneuvering for a second coup attempt. These JINRAI are Special Operations Group 43 (SOG43), fierce nationalist loyal to their love of country, and a desire to put Japan back into a position of strength and power.

This begins the war in the shadows between the NSF and JINRAI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm 
Master
Master

NEOTOKYO IS RELEASING JULY 3 2009

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

looks nice but i cant play it with my high end :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:42 pm 
Master
Master

I have a Geforce 7600 and it runs well enough on low

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I have been meaning to try neotokyo but god dammit I just got a PSP and I need to re-play Wolf3d before the end of the month.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]