Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: TCE revival
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I've been hanging around the TCE scene for a bit, it took me a while to get my account on here activated. which is too bad because TCE is obviously dying and is quite nearly dead. In my opinion TCE has the best gameplay / style out of all the free games that are available and is better than quite a few AAA games. yes it is lacking in textures and modeling, but the maps are great and the rythm and style is unique. I'm really bummed that Coroner stopped work on CQB because I had a blast playing it with my bro-in-law and other members of my LAN party group. Unfortunately TCE and CQB have LAN problems that I was unable to solve so neither caught on well at my LAN groups. I don't know what we as a community are capable of doing, but I think if we worked together and solved some problems we could bring it back. I'm willing to contribute what I can, mostly all I have is time. I'm not a coder, or hard core modeler yet, but I really don't want to see this die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hello

Since that the development of TCE and CQB has been discontinued, and Enemy Territory had lost the support of PunkBuster, I don't really see hope in the rebuilding of the community and the game. I also love this game and got the same impression about it than you, but unfortunately I see no future for the TCE and CQB. I, together with some friends in Brazil, are keeping two servers (one BC and one OBJ) because it really is worth the fun, but it seems that we are one of the last strongholds of the game. I waited some time by the return of the Coroner's work with COD4, but he made ​​it clear that we shouldn't have hopes that something new could be released. Well, the news isn't good for us, but it is the hard reality. Regards

Denner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 am 
Expert
Expert

What we need is a remake of TC:E. All new game; a sequel for a great series that continous the same unique gameplay (close quarters, single life, objective oriented, non-arcade=no cone fire...).

There's a lot of people saying they have the will and some that also have the skill (mapping, modeling, coding, ...) to make it happen. Sure there's a lot of empty promises but I know there are few that have both: will and skill. Biggest problem is time.

But if this would happen some day, and someone actually has the skill, will and time to organize a remake of TC:E (=run the project). I would be happy to help. I have will and even some time. Got no artistic skills what so ever but coding is my profession.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm 
Expert
Expert

I've already stated this countless times and am making a post in respect to players who dont want to see this game die. There are skilled mappers, coder, modellers in this community to remake tce. Releasing a community pack would be a breeze. HOWEVER, as pointed out before the game developers are at a point where they must release all content of the game in order for us to continue it. This will never happen. Liquid has already volunteered to give his maps models or whatever he has for the sake of continuing tce, but it was never put into motion. Coroner keeps playing a sick joke game of putting CQB on a fishing hook and pulling it away as soon as you get close. So he in return has dug a hole for himself that no one in the community will trust him. People spent 2 years waiting for CQB and then all the sudden he switches to COD4 and promised a release by Christmas. Thanks for the present Coroner! Coroner could have continued tce easily by unlocking CQB and we would be playing on there with current maps. He's playing games with his own community so in my opinion, screw him. Knowing him at this point after years of watching this he probably released his new mod on cod4 forums and never bothered telling us anything about it. I'm being harsh here and i know he hates when people flame him like this, but there is a point that the community can take no more of his BS.

You want hope for this game I say there is 1 way: All mappers, coder, modellers, etc need to gather in 1 teamspeak/ventrillo and talk this over. Choose a project manager and go from there. Here's where the biggest issue comes into play. No one wants to put the effort into making new stuff on a dead game. Old developers need to pass on their stuff to new developers and we might have a chance. Again, this wont happen, because our current developers have made no heading to giving their work to the new crew. Liquid tried, but never followed through. Atleast Liquid doesnt tease this community to the brink of rage as coroner does.

Also as stated before. This will only give tce life for maybe another year or 2. The community will not increase by much. Punkbuster doesnt support ET. COD4 is probably the best choice to go to because of the mod support there and a good size community. If it ever does come to that point, and thats a BIG IF, the community will have to make a choice. Keep all the idiot cheaters around and allow them to incorporate themselves again in the a respected community or remove them permanently. ( this wont happen either because there are too many friends with cheaters )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:33 am 
Marksman
Marksman

At one point I was working on an unlocked 0.223 CQB that comes packaged with TC:E Content including OBJ mode. I love TC:E but unfortunately I'm not a fan of the majority of the players (like Ross said, too many cheaters and then too many people who still respect/are friends with those cheaters), so if I had continued it, I'd only really be doing it for myself and a few friends from TCE, which wouldn't really have been worth the time spent on it, so I stopped.

And to the hate on Coroner; meh. He was just doing his own thing and it was just a bonus to the players still here that we were getting something out of it as well. He probably didn't really care much for the community here so him just leaving again, I can understand that, yeah it is a bit lame that we thought we were getting something (he could've at least just released an unlocked version before moving on to the CoD4 stuff though) but he made it clear he wasn't making any promises, he wasn't intending to revive True Combat/wasn't doing this for the community, he was just doing his own thing that just happened to be something we would also like.
Had things worked out better for him with it and he got a bit further on it, then that would've been the point to start considering the community side of things properly.

Anyway, a release of existing/updated content on ET would certainly be just a short revival, like Bully said, you'd just want to do a full remake on a newer engine.
A lot of people have started down that road over the past like 5 years or so but nothing came close to any real playable release. Even I've got a large detailed design for a TC-inspired game on a newer engine all worked out and the skills to actually make it (which I shall get to at some point.. currently busy, busy, busy.) but I won't be posting about it on here once I get it up and running as it'd cause all of the TCE players to know about it which I don't want (don't want the large amount of scum any where near its community), so I'm most certainly not annoyed at Coroner if he has still been doing the CoD4 stuff and just not mentioned it here.

It is unfortunate for the few decent TCE people on here, as it is the dicks and cheaters (and friends of) that are the reason I'm not really motivated to do a TC revival (and possibly other potential devs that could pull it off too).

In fact.. I've been gone for ages, are there still a high amount of douches about (both still playing and those that would come back if TCE picked up again) or are they all busy in MW3 on consoles with (hopefully) no PCs?
Though I do pop into Heros every few months or so but generally it is just a bunch of ranting asshats..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm 
Master
Master

The phrase, Beating a dead horse, comes to mind here.

It doesn't matter with this guy. You could argue all the money we as a community has spent for his project, and in the end he just keeps it all to himself. So selfish. This could have been the Counter-Strike killer, but nooo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm 
Master
Master

I would love to see some sort of revival, its sad that i never got to the train :?

Im hopefully honing my knowledge about modding (the small pieces i have) and finaly start something of my own now when i have new, proper desktop PC.

keeping my eyes on TC front 8)

TC doesnt desrve to be wiped out.

-lurker

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I miss it too! Just re-activated my account, downloaded and installed it again... why? Because there is nothing else out there that plays the same way!

Post subject: Re: TCE revival
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:46 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I would love too see TCE come back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 am 
Master
Master

db_2o6 wrote:
I would love too see TCE come back.

Download it, then it will be back to your computer atleast! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Master
Master

I would like to play it more active but there is no competition all the time same ppl playing i need chalange :) and there is many hackers yes well known tce players too :( .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

ET isn't supported by Punkbuster anymore... so let's hope there will be more players on MWTC soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:17 am 
Master
Master

Speed kills..... realistic mods.

I've watched the first series of True Combat come to fruition, and then watched them die for lack of support.

I've recognized that with the development of new engines, the bars of quality and performance rise.

Have you noticed that the Quake series and ET series can run on a low end computer? Well, it's because the simplicity of the engine/game.

With that being said, I do like nice graphics and things of that nature. But when one starts to speed up game play, it kills the fun and performance for some people. I've watched this happen with other mods.

True Combat:Elite has the perfect speed, maneuvering, and content. However, with the exception of a few problems.

Hit Bugs, General Bugs, and no Anti-Cheat measures.

All which can be rectified with this new COD4 release. But nobody seems to be interested in playing it, or supporting it. I check servers and nobody is playing. Or I'm coming at the wrong time of day. (that's what she said) Anyway!

My solution: Fix the current COD4 release of True Combat to play exactly like True Combat: Elite. It is redundant to release something that is the same vanilla flavor of COD4, give it a different name, and expect people to play it. Grant it, it has different gun models and maps and stuff. But it has to be unique, like True Combat: Elite's uniqueness.

Hey take it or leave it. Just my opinion.

I know what it's going to take. Something similar to what Ross said.

Start a dedicated team, determined to release updates without giving up, or quitting. People with a vision, that are goal oriented will succeed.

I say bring back the unique, simplistic design of True Combat:Elite. The one we all love.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:13 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I think it's not about graphics at all. Just look at game like Minecraft, it's shit graphics but it's so popular. And BF3 has great graphics and people are getting tired of it. So what it comes down to is gameplay and community experience.

Sometimes revival of a game can just be simple updates to what made the game great in the first place -adding more realism - textures, player skins, guns, sounds, etc.

It would help too if there was 1 file click to install and run. Right now you must download like 5 different files and patches, last working PB files, etkey. Who's going to bother with that.

MWTC is great for people that buyed COD and have a new computer running only MS Windows.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 pm 
Master
Master

GRANDAD wrote:
I think it's not about graphics at all. Just look at game like Minecraft, it's shit graphics but it's so popular. And BF3 has great graphics and people are getting tired of it. So what it comes down to is game play and community experience.

I didn't say it was about graphics. I will repeat what I said.....
Stealth wrote:
With that being said, I do like nice graphics and things of that nature. But when one starts to speed up game play (game play), it kills the fun (experience) and performance for some people (community). I've watched this happen with other mods.