Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CQB_player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:54 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Damians idea sound great. Simple base outfit which can be beefed with addons (skin or model).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:32 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
Any chance we could make your model official TC content in the future to replace the current one?

Sure!

Quote:
If your base model would be flexible so that other content creators could add equipment via tags it would be even better

Making a basic model without accessories was my first attempt but I don't like the final results. Remove the equipment from the skin is an advantage because there is also a very low polygon budget for the mesh body. The only problem might be that you can use (perhaps) only one object for each tag.

Quote:
That way you get a clean base model, use the skin files to modify the camo type and faction and tags to attach weapons, kits and additional armor. Highly modular and easy to modify.

I've tried use the magazine pouches near the stomach through tags but floated inside or outside when the body twist. I had also tried to attack some accessories near the shoulder\chest (a knife or a grenade) using the tag "md3_back" but i had bad results for the same reason.
I can rebuild the package with some additions and export each model in two versions (with and without equipment) so we can do other attempts.
It would be interesting link the tags in a different way (for example... I don't understand why tag_chest is linked to Bip01 Spine2).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

I've intrated your body model now, at the moment on combination with the old head. All works like a charm, and finally a new player model!

I've noticed that some normals are weird, so the lighting on the player model looks a bit strange.

Not a showstopper though. Great work!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Maybe the problem is that I used multiple smoothing groups. The next time I'll try to fix it
Currently I think we can solve using Q3 model tool V 1.6.2 --> open -> edit -> recalculate normals --> save. The result is good although there are seams due to how was done on the uv map.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:43 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I have released a new version of the CQB_players package that replaces the previous one although progress are few (improved rig model, recalculated the normals, added few accessories and some improved texture)
There are two versions of the model player (with and without tactical pouch) to allow some experimentation to attach the equipment via tags (there are also separate kneepads for the same reason)
I decided to append the release date to the name in order to manage future updates more easily.

Check my blog for the files

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:08 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I have released a very experimental package with some new animations optimized for cqb 0.224/cqb_dim
The animations are NOT yet ready to use. I released in case someone wants to play around and experiment a little. The content needs a really serious tuning (even to identify the number of correct frames) because there is a lot of possible combinations.

The "cqb" prefix means that is new or made for CQB while the "etl" prefix is the remake of an original animation. For example, the file cqb_common contains two animations that can be used in the limbo menu (cqb_menu_idle, cqb_menu_lookweap).

It would be interesting try to add new impacts point or enemy positions that at the moment are:
impact_point -> head, gut, groin, chest, shoulder_right, shoulder_left, knee_right, knee_left
enemy_position -> infront, behind

For death animations I am a little in trouble because I don't understand how & where are used the animations with "dead" prefix and a single frame (I only realized that are played at the end of the death animations) --> dead_machinegun_1, dead_machinegun_2, dead_gut.
I also try to force the original name and don't use the etl prefix in the etl_death.aninc and comment lines in body.aninc but strange things happen...
Probably I'll also add some ostages/civilians/zombie animations in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:06 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I made the animation of arms for the knife and I completed the idle, attack, drop, raise, reload1, Reload2, reloadfast1 animations for sig552 that is the weapon which is my favorite weapon. The scale I'm using for arms and weapons is 80% of the real (the unit I used are cm) and it seems very similar to the original.
I'm also experiencing a bit the use of additional tags to see if you can find new solutions.
I must admit that some things are not clear to me (for example some animations as "raise" and "drop" seem handled from cqb via code)
However, the objective of this first implementation is not to make a realistic animation, but check if the scale/point of view that I have chosen is correct, check if I can save polygons and solve potential export problems.
Unfortunately, in these early attempts to use the new arms in CQB I have the old VirtualAlloc problem when the map is changed ... :(
Check out my blog to view a couple of animated gif.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:39 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Pure awesomeness! :pistols:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:48 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Wow marze, good job. I have to admit the animation looks fantastic. keep it up!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:37 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hi guys I made a new variation of the specops player mesh.
Check out my blog to view a turnaround gif.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:17 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hi guys, after a long period of forced inactivity I'm finishing a new terror player variation (contractor style). I'm pretty pleased of the model but not of the texture (but I'm not going to waste other time). Now we have two versions for the temperate zone and two versions for the tropical zone. It would be really nice to change the player model based on the type of map you are playing (probably need to touch the code). I mean, use tropical player models when the there is a tropical map or arctic player models when there is a polar map.

Check out my blog to view a render and a turnaround gif.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:54 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hi guys, I completed a new variation of the head with long hair and a eye patch to remember the character of Snake Plissken. To be honest the hair mesh isn't my best piece and maybe I'll have to add more polygons (hair mesh is 426 tris and 319 verts). Also the texture isn't beautiful but it is not easy to paint hair without a pen tablet...

Check out my blog to view a render.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hi, I have nothing new to show this month (making renders it's really time-consuming...), but i'm on the ball. I have improved all the bad guys textures (upper and lower body) and I'm making a new hairstyle.
There are so many things to do that it’s difficult to stay always on top of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I finally reached some results for the bad guys team. Now there are three different versions for the upper body of the models and three ones for the lower body. For each one I'm completing four textures (arctic / urban / woodland / desert).
I'm trying out some acceptable combinations (feel free to suggest some camo combination) and now I completed the texture and model for recon1 player which is inspired by the character "Snake" Plissken from the movie "1997 Escape from New York".

Head (head + left eye + eye patch + teeth + hair) --> tris: 1700 , verts: 1078
Upper body (black bulletproof vest + brown jacket) --> tris: 806 , verts: 405
Lower body (Snake Plissken camouflage) --> tris:1098 , verts: 588
hands(x2) --> tris:392 (x2), verts:198 (x2)

Check out my blog to view the render.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:21 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Check out my blog to view the CQBplayer_red02_urban01 turnaround

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next