All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Where to go from here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:19 pm 
Master
Master

Baal wrote:
Pretty much on point there.

Movement is MUCH better! The engine runs super fast for me so turning speed will always feel quick. Ironsighted walk speed is good when carrying the Assault weapons or primary, but secondary weapons still feel too fast. Maybe reduce it by half as much as the primary walk speed, just a bit faster but not totally.

I don't like the perks and other things. The specialized classes works for me. I'd rather see everyone on the same playing level. Don't want any one thing being too over powered.

What he said. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:41 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

In response to Damien:

It might be a possibility to exachange high-grade ammo against quick reload and to merge high-grade ammo with the weapon mod (inscrease damage very slightly (less than now with high grade ammo) with reflex sights or scopes).
Quiet sounds have to be tweaked, I agree. I am currently digging into the possibilities of beefing the sound system up. Much more than I thought is possible (reverb, modification of distance falloff, ...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 pm 
Master
Master

Hey Coroner, a question about sound.. movement sounds from the enemy are very loud, and carry long distance, much more than TCE ever did. Is that just how the Engine runs it or is that something that is tweakable?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:17 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

The distance attanuation is changible, but I have not addressed this yet.

I have some other tweaks ready and changed the announcer sounds to the TCE sounds, removed all music and arcady sound elements ...

Too bad it is never testable since servers are empty all time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I absolutely loved Q3TC and the AK47 is still my favorite weapon ever! I stumbled across the site again shortly after the MWTC alpha was released. I check the servers periodically throughout the day but can't seem to catch people on. I'm in Hawaii btw so thats maybe why. You guys plan on hosting some set play times to test? I'd love to join in on the fun as I really like the mod and bought MW just to play it.

Oh and hello everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:49 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hello Stamp :)
Yes Servers are empty... I now played a few times with 1-2 guys on the Catch 22 Servers and one time there were 3 people on the Mix North America Server.
I think it needs some time to get the word out there that TC is back. It will be a lot more attractive once there are some of the old maps back...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:09 pm 
Expert
Expert

Indeed - more maps should make the difference :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:27 am 
Expert
Expert

Some comments more. I received some sugestions and people think that the perk "commando" is unusefull and they said that would like to see the knife ability merged in marksman and recon classes, this would open space to another item more usefull. I think that could have more weapons for classes, three principal weapons for each class would be satisfactory.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:11 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

MWTC_alpha0221 looks very good! But I think is too much class soldiers. I suggest make only three classes: Recon, Assalut and Sniper. Remove all perks, only modification of weapons: silencer, camouflage :) , Sights.

Recon
Movement: standard + 10%
Sprint: standard + 20%
Sprint distance: short
Damage: standard - 20% (light armor)
Special: Extra ammo

Assalut
Movement: standard
Sprint: standard
Sprint distance: standard
Damage: standard
Special: extra grenade.

Sniper
Movement: standard - 10%
Sprint: standard - 10%
Sprint distance: long
Damage: standard + 10%
Special: Higher knife damage.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:16 am 
Expert
Expert

Even with the reduction of classes, I'd still like to see more primary weapons in each class. And about COD4 hitmarkers, it will be removed in next patch?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:23 am 
Master
Master

If it's possibly I would like to see the weapons handling more like they did in Tce.
Over longer distances there does more or less turn out to be about luck rather than skill as there is basicly no recoil but you have som cone spread. Works fine in the faster paced cod 4 but becomes quite disturbing in mwtc.

As some others have said I agree that you should'nt have regrowth health and the damage needs to be higher as it is now.

I thought the game didn't have that much difference to it compared to cod 4 when I played tdm but was proven wrong when I tried sd, good work so far coroner.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

there will not be more weapons

What are the cod4 hit markers that I have to remove?
I didn't recognize any. Is it a client setting?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:56 pm 
Master
Master

coroner wrote:
there will not be more weapons

What are the cod4 hit markers that I have to remove?
I didn't recognize any. Is it a client setting?

I don't think it's a client setting, don't think I have ever seen any server without it atleast.

The cod 4 hit markers are that when you shoot and hit someone behind a wall you get four diagonal lines around your crosshair.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Yeah those Hitmarkers ( X-shaped lines and sometimes a white/red cross) need to be removed. They appear when you just hit someone or even when you hit & don't see him and he's standing behind a wall:

Also, are there any hitboxes? I recognized that if you shoot someone in the head, even if you're standing in front of him, he doesn't get killed - no matter what weapon you use. At the moment only the shotgun seems to be the weapon who can do a 'one-hit-kill'.

I agree with the classes: Rifleman and Ranger should be one class (with selectable primary weapon). The same with CovertOps and SpecOps. Recon and Marksman could be joined in another class ("Special" or something like that).

And the regaining health feature should be removed. It works on CoD but not on TC. If you get shot you quickly jump in some corner just to heal. After that you can go on try to kill the enemy... he has no advantage of shooting you first...
I catched myself using this method all the time... it's more seek and hide than shooting back at the moment.

The smoke grenade needs a fix, too. You throw it, smoke appears and after 10 second it suddenly disappears. In that short time you can barely run through the smoke. The smoke needs to stay 30 seconds or more to be useful...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:26 pm 
Master
Master

One more thing about the hit markers, when they appear, a subtle sound is played, which indicates a hit too. So it should be removed as well.