All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:52 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
Everything OK? What do you mean Rambo?

Yeah everything is OK alright :lol:
I'm just exited about that your project is finally being released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

wow looks pretty wicked nice work Stealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm 
Master
Master

KrazyDancerRambo wrote:
Quote:
Everything OK? What do you mean Rambo?

Yeah everything is OK alright :lol:
I'm just exited about that your project is finally being released.

Oh cool I thought you were saying it didn't look like what you thought he he.

I will want everyone's feedback. Whether too dark, too bright. No rain, Yes rain ECT...

My main concern ATM is fire cover. Need to know if there is enough. I didn't want to go over kill on the crates you know.

Thank you Unholy Saint, I tried my best.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 am 
Expert
Expert

Your work is very nice!!! This map is very good, and the care with the effects is impressive. Realy, I loved it. So, it is an alpha release, then I found some missed textures in the boxes on top of the containers in middle of the ship (I supose that you are still working on it). I couldn't run your packs directly in my server, then I needed extract and recompress again using 7zip - maybe due to the program that you used to compress its files. And finally, I corrected the name of map info (obj_cargo_ship_a1.mapinfo to obj_cargoship_a1.mapinfo) in scripts folder, for that maps menu of the server would be able to locate the map information correctly - the names of files in pack need to agree with name of pack, it is a reference to the engine to find any information into any script of the pack, I supose, because if name of this file don't agree with the pack name, then I can't see the name of map on menu of maps (considering a home hosted server), and thus I can't select the map to run on my server. It's all, I think - I hope I have helped you. Congratulations for your work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:37 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Very nice job, Stealth! So much little details and fine modeling. This shows again you've put much effort into this project. First of all the atmosphere is really absorbing especially on deck level. Skybox and the ocean shaders are just astonishing! I've played that level on Mw only once but I can easily tell the resemblance. I'm looking forward to see how this map fits in gameplay.
So hosts update your serverlists! :roll:

The things I didn't like so much on my quick examination were quite irrelevant stuff. I think the reflection shader is nice feature but it's used in some surfaces where it does not seem belong.
You were right to think that people might want to say their opinion about the lightning and rain. :wink: I think the rain effect is okay as it fits the skybox shader perfectly but as for the dark lightning ... I guess it could have been a bit brighter. I'm not sure if I'm using mainstream brightness settings 8) but some surfaces appears to be excessively black.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:58 am 
Master
Master

Let it be known that Damien took my original skybox and made a masterpiece out of it. I can't take all the credit. But thank you Rambo for the feedback. If you could be more specific I will fix all the things you don't like. :D

DennerBR, I'm sorry about that. I kind of rushed the release a little bit. I need to go over it again and fix the little stuff like what you pointed out.

But I'm glad you guys like it.

Thank you for your time......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 am 
Master
Master

Ok, it looks like there has only been 4 downloads. I've corrected the minor things that Denner pointed out for now. Server if any admins downloaded it before, please download and replace what you have now.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:21 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ok Stealth, you don't need apologise for it, your work is in an alpha stage and looks so good! If you permit me, I would like put this map on server BOpE TCEliteBrasil - I believe that I could help you on this tests providing a public space for it. Again, congratulations for your good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm 
Master
Master

By all means, I would love that, and tell me the IP so I can try it on server with people.

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

I will put this map on server on one hour. I'm uploading it in our download repository and after on server. This things will spend around 30 minutes, then I will restart the server and you could visit us to see your work.

Link to the homepage (in portuguese, but you could use google to translate it :D )

www.tcelitebrasil.net

Server IP:

189.1.164.16:27960

I'll see you later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

Your map is runing on TCE BOpE server now. If my guys will find any bug, they will report to me or here in this forum, Ok? Good look, and visit us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm 
Master
Master

This means a lot to me, my last map was hardly considered for servers, I'm hoping this map will be on at least two. Yours and Pirate Bay Community.

Thank you so much for this!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 pm 
Master
Master

I saw this map on MASSA Objective server, didn't play it tough - I had some problems with downloading and my net was lagging at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm 
Master
Master

I think your mistaken. Massa would never put any of my maps on their server.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
Master
Master

Congrats on releasing the map!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next